Today we are announcing the beta availability of Blockchain Reports on the Telos Blockchain. The blockchain can empower so many people but it’s complicated to use!
Well now this fully functional web application means anyone can quickly and easily build reports and publish realtime data streams from the blockchain.
- 100% free and NO registration is required
- Simplify blockchain access using your own reports
- New entries show automatically in near-realtime
Blockchain Reports enables anyone to create and publish a real time report of a specific account and set custom filters to create a list of accounts or messages, such as
- Search the memo field for specific phrases
- List A-Z, chronologically, by amount, ascending or descending
- Look for receipts from a specific account
- Count the number of accounts who have ‘sent message containing xxxxx’
- List all the payees from a specific account
- Make results unique to remove duplicates or multiple instances to create unique accounts
Example – countaccount
We are kicking things off by publishing a simple report that everyone can participate in which simply counts active accounts.
This report lists all accounts that send a transfer of any TLOS supported currency to the account called: countaccount
Each sender will increment the counter, but only once, demonstrating the unique results feature. This is a great task for anyone involved in the cryptocurrency space to participate in, and claim your position in the countaccount history.
When we have enough results we see how the unique function works exactly. Will it replace your previous entry with your new one?
We hope it will (and if it doesn’t we will edit it so it does) and then every account will effectively have the ability to update their entry in the report on demand. How many millions of applications could you think of for that?
The primary purpose of this report is to see how high we can make the number go, collectively as a community and as a collaboration challenge to all humankind! Now finally you have something you can do at all those family get togethers!
View the report at this link https://www.blockchainreports.co.uk/view-reports-data/NDY then see if you can
- Add your entry and increment the counter to claim your first row in the account – See your message on the report above
- Change your entry by sending another transfer – Verify you can change your message of wisdom to the world
- Share it with another and add them to the count – Never mind the weather “Have you sent your entry to the countaccount?”
Remember that even if you replace your message in this report, ALL of your messages on the blockchain will be digitally ‘written in stone’ they cannot be deleted, edited or hidden and will be there until the end of time!
Blockchain Report Builder Features
The report is built in the Editor screen by the Report Owner user and saved. When the report is viewed via the shareable published report link the page will quickly load from the web application database initially and as it is loading and being viewed new entries will be added dynamically in realtime as soon as they are added to the blockchain.
The above example report includes all the records in a single account, but if you want to filter against multiple criteria you can also set additional filters on the list of results in your reports, to further filter by
Operators currently include
- Equals – i.e. account name = bigsquirrel1
- Contains – i.e. Memo contains ‘congratulations’
- Does Not Contain – i.e. sender is not my account
- Additional operators planned – i.e. greater than, less than, not equal to, not blank, etc
Once you have your data to be included in the report you can also format it to affect the following options
- Add or remove columns (Date, Sender, Receiver, Memo, Amount)
- Set the default sort column to display by Date etc
- Set the default sort order, newest first, lowest first etc
- Set the default number of rows per page
- Add a Count column to the results to show a current total
- Show count as 1-100 or 100-1
- Make results unique in any column for removing duplicates from a count
Prototype / Proof of Concept
This launch version of the Blockchain Report Builder gives a taste of the things it can be programmed to let users do. There are many further features we would like to add before we would normally even say it is ready for users to test, but for now it provides us with the reports we need like the ACORN 1GSS(Gold Star Squirrel!) report and other examples in this post, so we decided to share it with the community to help bring further awareness of the power of the Telos Blockchain.
Worker Proposal Candidate
More functions can be added to extend the scope of the filters by completing the code for the other operators currently disabled, and potentially by utilising the Worker Proposal system if we decide to post a proposal to sponsor its further development. Any donors who would like to fund specific features can also sponsor them privately. Any worker proposals we submit will also include publishing the code under open source license, as it is currently closed, proprietary to Advanta Productions Limited.
Begin Experimenting with Blockchain for Free
There are thousands of potential uses for the Blockchain Report Builder limited only by your imagination or requirements for realtime reporting of the data on the Blockchain.
Review the current list of reports for inspiration, and get started creating your own customised Blockchain Reports at https://www.blockchainreports.co.uk/
Please share and help support Telos UK with a vote for telosuknodes as one of your 30 Block Producers, thank you very much for reading this page.