Telos UK are a Founding Block Producer on the Telos Blockchain Network
Block Producers process the transactions on a blockchain. A blockchain is a hard-to-hack, distributed ledger, for recording transactions and events in an encrypted and immutable form. Blockchains enable trust-less transactions to occur, without middlemen or their commissions, and without unnecessarily sacrificing your privacy. All this is deployed on a distrubuted, scalable & high speed computer network comprising of 21 Active Block Producers, 30 Standby Block Producers and Block Producer Candidates.
Blockchains can handle thousands of transactions per second and are the underlying technology empowering the people who are committed to driving the next chapter in our evolution. Telos UK are your Block Producer team, join and support us as we journey into this exciting new world of fair and open source solutions for currencies, commerce and perhaps one day even governance.
Watch the latest video or read the summary below
Today we have the man himself, Mr Douglas Horn riding along in Carshare 46! (Virtually anyway.)
As any self respecting crypto or Telos enthusiast will know, Douglas is the author of the Telos white paper.
He is the founder of the GoodBlock, Block Producer who are based in Seattle but they can usually be found at the top of the voters ranking stack, and with good reason. Douglas is a very hard worker and was a significant driving force in the Telos launch December 2018.
Through the wonders of modern technology and a bit of old school engineering (Jim wedging his phone between the dashboard and windscreen!) Roger and Jim were able to have an amazing interview with Douglas on route to get Jim’s presidential new backdrop for his Foundation duties! The Telos Foundation is an independent organisation setup at the launch and is charged with promoting the work of the chain, Jim was elected onto the Foundation board.
In Carshare 46 today we have the latest news on:
GoodProxy – The Good, the Bad and the Vote. Over to CJ Anders the new key holder!
ACORNs! – Have you got your ACORNs yet?
Telos Venezuela – Big shout out to the great work being done by Alexandra and Daniel Uzcátegui
ProveAccount – A very simple solution to Telos account recovery from Douglas Horn
Arbitration Elections – Learn about this 100% on-chain election for the 1st Telos Arbitrators
Download the latest version of the official Telos Sqrl wallet
Worker Proposals – Telos Core Developers WPS please give it your vote to reward the devs
Dragons – Douglas introduces Drakos Keep, sign up for the dragon presale!
What on earth has got Roger all ‘wazzed up’ about?! (Apparently this means ‘to be drunk on excitement’ although that’s not the exact definition in the online Urban Dictionary LOL!)
ACORN is the brainchild of Fabiana Cecin, read all about it in the announcement – ACORN: A Telos token for everyone.
The ACORN project is a fun and interesting system that can be used to learn, and teach, cryptocurrencies and blockchain. Doesn’t sound like fun?
Get someone to send you an acorn, or sign up for it using the instructions, and then one new acorn will be allocated to your account every day.
However, in order to receive your ACORNs you have to send some. Spend to Receive!
What’s more is if the person you are sending to isn’t already receiving ACORNs then the act of sending them one, will join them to the project. It’s like a good virus, or as Douglas calls it a zombie token. If something is going to go viral then this is it!
The ACORNs project is an experimental fun implementation of a Universal Basic Income system.
Universal Basic Income is the utopian vision of the future that has as its goal to provide every person alive with sufficient means to live with dignity.
ACORN is an experiment in Democratic Money of which the basic concept is that each unit of a democratic currency symbolises a daily basic income for a human being, and provides the economic right to exist in dignity for every person.
When Douglas and Fabiana get talking about UBI, things go a bit ‘next level’. Join the conversation at https://t.me/AcornTelosUBI/133
Obviously, the Democratic Money project is for some time in the future, but in the meantime we can learn and share the concept of blockchain UBI through ACORN. It also provides a platform for developers to create games and services on the Telos Blockchain but that requires no real money to use.
Roger and Jim are excited about ACORN because of its potential to teach blockchain concepts and so they’ll be adding more content about this soon at the following page where the first links to get started are referenced.
What great work is being done on the ground by the Telos BP ‘Telos Venezuela’ I’m sure we have all been moved and alarmed by the situation in Venezuela so it is really inspiring to see the work being done by the brother and sister team Alexandra and Daniel Uzcategui. Please take a moment to review their informative videos and appreciate the work they are doing providing shoes for children from their efforts as Block Producers
Please like and share this inspiring video
Telos Venezuela – Our social project continues to grow
One of the biggest roadblocks to mass adoption of cryptocurrencies is the fear of getting locked out of your account. On most blockchains there is no account recovery option, if you lose your Private Key then the account will remain locked forever, and indeed it is a scary concept at first.
There are certain best practices that we must all learn and further details can be found on the Telos UK Learn Telos pages at https://telosuk.io/account-security/ but today Douglas Horn introduces his latest solution to the problem, the beautifully simple ProveAccount solution
Roger is going to create a walk through guide for setting this up and our in-house guinea pig Jim is going to trial it to see if it passes the Mass Adoption challenge! More on that in the next episode.
There are now 4 Arbitrators with over 1million votes and on Friday 15th at 9:01am UTC they will automatically be elected by the on chain election which Telos is scoring plenty of ‘firsts’ with the Foundation Elections and Worker Proposals.
Check out the elections in your Sqrl wallet and make sure you know how to vote, so the next round of candidates can be elected too and there will be 21 arbitrators ready to accept cases, but for now there will be at least 4 arbitrators to get things kicked off, it is very exciting times.
Download the latest version of the Sqrl wallet from https://telosfoundation.io/downloads (beware of scam websites with similar domain names, and if you do end up on one NEVER enter your private key into a website or authorise key changes using Scatter, to mention that again!)
The Telos Core Developers will be publishing a Worker Proposal for pay for the last 3 months please give it your vote to ensure they get paid for all their hard work to date. Meet the Core Dev team on the new Roadmap page at https://telosfoundation.io/roadmap
Douglas introduces the new DrakosKeep.com project, wow this looks awesome and I know of a good few gamers who will be all over that. It is going to be a great gateway into crypto because it will also teach the concepts of keys and wallets and accounts, but from within the game as you pimp your dragon! Sign up for email updates to the Dragon Pre Sale launching soon
If you have enjoyed this format and would like to share your Telos story with the community through Carshare then please get in touch. Carshare 46 brought to you by Roger and Jim and all the team at EOS / Telos UK. To support our work please vote for eosukblocpro on EOS and telosuknodes on Telos.
If you need help or support in any aspect of the Telos eco system then please get in touch via Telegram https://t.me/eosuk , email email@example.com or you can even use the telephone if you are old school and appreciate the value of a conversation on +441158224546
The sun is shining on your favourite BP’s in Carshare #45, as spring is just around the corner in the UK. That is very appropriate as we hope the recent thaw in what has been named the ‘crypto-winter’ is signaling the start of the crypto-spring too.
Everyone is talking about Blockchain as more and more people are suddenly waking up to the realisation that Blockchain based ledgers for recording transactions, instead of intermediaries, have thousands of hugely worthwhile applications that can be rolled out globally, but where to start?
Let’s start by repeating the mantra
Beware the scam sites and NEVER PUT YOUR PRIVATE KEY INTO ANY WEBSITE
followed by a quick news roundup before Telos UK announces the launch of their new Learn Telos pages on the Telos UK website.
The News Roundup
- Another Scam site emerges pretending to warn of the first scam site! Always be on the lookout for incorrectly spelled URLs and above all know that ‘YOU DO NOT NEED TO CLAIM YOUR Telos’ they are waiting for you on the Telos Blockchain and you only need to connect to the Telos Blockchain to use them.
- Never enter your private key into any website see https://telosuk.io/account-security/ for more details on security
- Dormant accounts may get deleted after a year to save on resources: Don’t worry, there is no rush! (1 year = circa 12-19th December 2019 depending on which date is used to mark the actual public launch)
- Arbitration elections through Sqrl wallet update
- Roger introduces the ‘Trail’ voting system
- Leading to more information on the new Learn Telos pages
By helping everyone to ‘Learn Telos’ Roger and Jim continue to support the mass adoption of Telos and how as Block Producers they continue to strive to provide easy to consume education for the community. As you know if you are a regular Carshare viewer, Jim is the mass adoption guinea pig, if he can follow it then hopefully the average person can too.
With that in mind, Roger has been working away producing a series of pages to create an onboarding guide for new users to Telos. Jim has been road testing the guides to check for too much technical speak and what it’s like to be the one following the steps.
In the video, the following Learn Telos pages are discussed.
- Telos Account Security – Read this before you create an account, or if you already have one (i.e. EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS).
- Create a Free Account on Telos – Our step by step guide to creating a FREE account on the Telos Blockchain Network.
- Create a Paid Account on Telos – When you have created your free account but want more
- Add your account to the Telos Sqrl Wallet – If you already have a Telos account from the EOS Genesis or have created a new Telos account yourself follow these instructions to setup your Sqrl wallet.
- Telos Block Explorers – The ‘Blockchain Viewers’. Telos Block Explorers are websites built to enable you to look up the details of transactions and accounts on the Telos Blockchain
- Exchanges Trading Telos tokens(TLOS) – Here you can find exchanges where you can buy and sell TLOS with EOS or Bitcoin.
- The Telos Foundation – Learn more about the very important role provided by the Telos Foundation.
- Telos and You – Overcoming the mass adoption hurdles so everyone can use Telos every day. Listen to the conversation to discover the URL for Roger’s new prototype (for the audio only audience) !
- Explore The Telosphere – Join the Telos conversations across all the different channels. If you are going to go down the rabbit hole this is all you need.
This is just the start of the ‘Learn Telos’ project and the content will be actively managed by us your trusted partners for Telos learning resources. If you have any suggestions or requests for inclusion then make contact with us via your preferred method below.
Thanks for watching, please help us to help others by liking and sharing if you found this video useful. If you would like to post a public comment on the video then please click through to the Youtube video page or connect with us on our Telegram channel https://t.me/eosuk
Advice on Crypto Security
If you were in the EOS Genesis snapshot and want to activate your TLOS tokens you only need to download the official open source Sqrl wallet from GitHub, which is linked to from the genuine Telos Foundation website downloads page at https://telosfoundation.io/downloads , once you have installed the program on your computer you will have to enter your Active Private Key that is paired with the Public Key in the EOS Genesis account snapshot. After that you can change all your keys to achieve maximum account security. This way your original EOS Private Key will no longer enable access to anything except any future airdrops or sister chains which use the original EOS genesis snapshot, and again once you had accessed these new tokens you can switch to new keys on these new accounts.
Don’t worry if it doesn’t make sense at first, just keep learning. If you’re not learning you’re losing. Keep Learning and you’ll keep earning because the new wealth is being earned in sweat capital by people who are prepared to invest their time in learning to understand the concept of decentralisation and distributed ledger technology. Share what you learn with everyone you care about so they can join you in the brave new world when it arrives.
If you need help getting setup or are unsure of what information you need to enter then contact us via telegram https://t.me/eosuk , email us firstname.lastname@example.org or even phone us on +44 115 822 4546 before entering a private key into a website!
The one where it was “Proper Cold!”
Your favourite BPs Jim and Roger of Telos UK are back with a ‘Telos Account Security & Keys’ special episode. In Carshare 44, after a brief news update, Roger attempts again to explain ‘Accounts and Keys’ to Jim, the mass adoption bellwether. If Jim can understand it then it passes one of the mass adoption tests (the second test being Roger’s Mum!).
- Telos UK now has its very own website, lots of cool plans for the next few weeks
- Thank you to everyone who votes for Telos UK as we are again ranked No.4 in the global Telos Block Producer rankings!
- Telos hits #2 on Blocktivity https://www.blocktivity.info/
Scamming website in the news: beware the hyphen!
Further reports on this issue from Crypto Tim suggest the hacker has now made the page send a request to the Scatter desktop program and somehow fooling you into signing the script which allows it to change your keys with a single click! So if you use Scatter make sure you are aware that this is possible and don’t just click ‘Allow’ arbitrarily unless you know exactly what it will do.
So be very careful out there people, make sure you don’t keep all your EOS or Telos or Worbli tokens in a single account, NEVER put a private key into a website, learn how to change your active and owner keys and keep the owner key offline so it can be used to change a compromised active key if required.
Above all monitor your accounts regularly and learn about Block Explorers so you can easily check an account and recognise if anything has changed.
We are building an account management tool and compiling helpful instructions which will be published on https://telosuk.io/learn shortly so connect with us to stay informed.
- Link to Official Twitter Post about the scam site
- Link to YouTube Video demonstrating how Scatter was used to defraud users on EOS
Let’s talk about ‘keys’
- A Private Key is a 51 character long string, like a password, which is paired with a Public Key, a bit like a user name. To send something from the account, the Private Key must be used to authorise it
- Telos accounts have an Owner Key pair which is like the master key and it can create other, lesser keys, such as an Active Key. An Owner Key can also reset an Active Key
- The Active Key should be the one used on a day to day basis and the Owner Key should be stored offline so it’s not possible to access it over the internet.
- EOS also has the exact same keys setup, but at launch all the EOS accounts had the same key pairs for both the Owner and the Active Keys
- If you had a Telos genesis account at launch it will be using the same keys as your EOS genesis account, even if you changed the keys on EOS after it launched.
- Worbli has the same keys setup too so make sure you know which keys were used in each of the snapshots, and also on any future sister chains that get launched
- Keys in Snapshots & AirDrops
- If your current EOS keys are new, you may need your old keys to access tokens on Telos, Worbli or other blockchains
- Future keys you create do not replace keys in snapshots so make sure you keep ALL your old keys, it’s not like changing a password, you need to keep all the key pairs you ever used.
- Public Keys are paired with a Private Key, and knowing a Public Key can reveal the 12 character account name using a “Block Explorer” but it cannot reveal the Private Key.
- Knowing a 12 character account name enables you to lookup the Public Keys attached to that account, but not their Private Keys.
- From a Private Key you can reveal everything about an account, including both the account name and the Public Keys, (this is why a Private Key is different from a password).
- The multisig account recovery proposal! – This is a potential solution which is being developed that may allow you to setup a key reset process ahead of ever neading it. We will keep you updated.
Please vote for us
Please vote, re-vote, like and share if you have found this video useful and would like to show support for our efforts. You can vote for us as one of your 30 approved Block Producers on EOS, and Telos blockchains.
With enough votes we can be paid for running our nodes on these blockchains and for providing community support and education. By publishing helpful information like this post and being an active and accessible member of the UK blockchain community we offer token holders in the UK and beyond, easy access to the essential new world of blockchains. Please help us to carry on this work, by voting for us, as below
On the EOS blockchain please vote for us using our EOS block producer handle: eosukblocpro
On the Telos blockchain please vote for us using our Telos block producer handle: telosuknodes
To vote, download an EOS or Telos wallet from https://eosuk.io/wallet We also recommend that you start learning how Scatter and Sqrl desktop software can be used it to sign actions with your private keys. Using Scatter or Sqrl you can also vote through one of the many block explorer or wallet websites. Please make sure you have created a seperate Active Key pair for day to day use and keep your Owner Key locked away and offline. NEVER enter your private key into a web page. If you had an EOS genesis account you will probably have Telos tokens(TLOS) on the Telos Blockchain you do not need to do anything to claim them.
To access your TLOS you only need to download the official open source Sqrl wallet from GitHub, which is linked from our Wallet page above, and once you have installed the program on your computer you will have to enter your Active Private Key that is paired with the Public Key in the EOS genesis account snapshot. After that you can change all your keys to achieve maximum account security. This way your original EOS Private Key will no longer enable access to anything except any future airdrops or sister chains which use the original EOS genesis snapshot, and again once you had accessed these new tokens you can switch to new keys on these new accounts.
Don’t worry if it doesn’t make sense at first, just keep learning. If you’re not learning you’re losing. Keep Learning and you’ll keep earning because the new wealth is being earned in sweat capitol by people who are preparred to invest the time in learning to understand the concept of decentralisation and distributed ledger technology. Share what you learn with everyone you care about so they can join you in the brave new world when it arrives.